Beacon Psychology Services LLC; 11495 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 105; Carmel, IN 46032
© 2021 Beacon Psychology Services LLC
In order to keep all patients, their families, and all Beacon staff safe during this pandemic, changes have been made to how services will be conducted. The benefits of protecting each other during this time far outweigh those inconveniences that these new policies will create.
Pending the pandemic situation in Indiana, Dr Horn will change from fully telehealth therapy appointments to a combination of some telehealth appointments and some in-office appointments. The availability of in-office appointments, though, are subject to the status of the pandemic. (Beacon Psychology Services will contact you if you have a scheduled in-office appointment that must be changed to a telehealth appointment.)
If you are a new patient:
Dr Horn is ONLY accepting new patients for psychological evaluations/testing.
All psychological evaluations/testings must first have an intake appointment; the intake can be in-person or through telehealth. Please call the office (317-942-4020) to set up an intake; you may need to leave a message with a call-back number, as the office manager may be working remotely. The office manager will call you back (usually within a few hours) and then assist you in setting up the intake appointment. When scheduling an appointment, please clarify if you have a preference for in-office or telehealth, and the office manager will let you know the available times and direct you to complete the online registration forms. When needed, he will assist you in how to access the HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (DoxyMe).
Testing is conducted in-office only. Dr Horn will explain the required procedures for testing to ensure the safety of you, your family, and office staff when scheduling a testing session.
Testing follow-up meetings can be in-person or through telehealth; Dr Horn will set this appointment with you once a testing day is scheduled.
If you are an existing patient:
Therapy appointments are scheduled only for existing patients.
All therapy appointments are scheduled on Mondays and Wednesdays only, and can be in-office or through telehealth. When scheduling an appointment, please clarify if you have a preference for in-office or telehealth, and the office manager will let you know the available times. The office manager will also assist you in how to access the HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (DoxyMe).
In-office procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Beacon Psychology Services follows the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and adheres to any city, county, or state mandates. Procedures may change based on CDC recommendations and, at this time, the following procedures are in place to keep you, your family, Dr Horn, and all Beacon Psychology office staff safe. Please follow these procedures for all in-office appointments:
- Parents and any patient over the age of 12 MUST be vaccinated for in-office visits [other than testing sessions; see below]; otherwise, appointments will be by telehealth.
- Only the patient and parents are allowed to come to the in-office appointments; please do not bring any other children with you.
- Please cancel if anyone in the family is ill that day with symptoms associated with COVID-19, even if it has not been confirmed through testing. There will be no charge for cancellations.
- Please have you and your child wear a mask into the office even if you have been vaccinated, and either wash your hands before coming into the office (using the building’s public restroom) or use hand sanitizer when entering the office.
- Please use social distancing when seating yourself in the waiting room, and make sure your child does as well.
- Dr Horn will use the following procedures during appointments to minimize exposure: masks need to be worn during appointments as per the current CDC recommendations, no physical touch will be used (e.g., hugs, handshakes), and seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing, During testing sessions. Dr Horn will also utilize a sneeze screen.