Beacon Psychology Services LLC; 11495 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 105; Carmel, IN 46032
© 2020 Beacon Psychology Services LLC
In order to keep all patients, their families, and all Beacon staff safe during this pandemic, changes have been made to how services will be conducted. The benefits of protecting each other during this time far outweigh those inconveniences that these new policies will create.
If you are a new patient:
All intakes will be through telehealth. Please call the office (317-942-4020) to set up an intake; you may need to leave a message with a call-back number, as the office manager is working remotely. The office manager will call you back (usually within a few hours) and then assist you in setting up a telehealth-based intake appointment. He will assist you in how to access the HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (DoxyMe) as well as the online registration forms.
Testing appointments have resumed in-office. Dr Horn will explain the required procedures for testing to ensure the safety of you, your family, and office staff when scheduling a testing session.
All testing follow-up meetings will be through telehealth.
If you are an existing patient:
All therapy appointments are scheduled on Mondays and Wednesdays only.
Pending the pandemic situation in Indiana, Dr Horn will change from fully telehealth therapy appointments to a combination of some telehealth appointments and some in-office appointments. The availability of in-office appointments, though, are subject to the status of the pandemic. (Beacon Psychology Services will contact you if you have a scheduled in-office appointment that must be changed to a telehealth appointment.)
Starting 10 August 2020, all morning appointments will continue to be through telehealth. Afternoon appointments can be in-office or through telehealth. When scheduling an appointment, please clarify if you have a preference for in-office or telehealth, and the office manager will let you know the available times. The office manager will also assist you in how to access the HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (DoxyMe).
There are required procedures for all in-office appointments, including testing sessions. Specifically:
- Only the patient and one adult is allowed to come to the in-office appointments; please do not bring any other children with you.
- Please cancel if anyone in the family is ill that day with symptoms associated with COVID-19, even if it has not been confirmed through testing. There will be no charge for cancellations.
- Please take your child’s and your temperature the morning of the in-office appointment; if it is over 100 F, please call and cancel your appointment.
- Please have you and your child wear a mask into the building, and either wash your hands before coming into the office (using the building’s public bathroom) or use hand sanitizer when entering the office.
- Please use social distancing when seating yourself in the waiting room, and make sure your child does as well.
- Dr Horn will use the following procedures during appointments to minimize exposure: masks need to be worn during appointments, no physical touch will be used (e.g., hugs), and seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing, During testing sessions. Dr Horn will utilize a sneeze screen.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. If you have any questions, please call or email.